Friday, January 20, 2012

5 Month Natural Hair Update

Yep yep, it's update time! I'm actually like a week late and I didn't get a chance to shoot a video, but I couldn't let this month go by without dropping an update.

1.12.2012 marked the 5th month since my Big Chop and Mee & my fro have been through quite a lot... I'm talking more than just styles or products. It's like every day I'm falling deeper and deeper in love with my hair (and myself); even when it doesn't want to do what I want it to, I still totally DIG my hair. That's such a great feeling...

Alright, so let's get down to it. If you've seen any of my other natural hair updates, you know I usually do a comparison of progress... this time let's compare a Month 1 Wash and Go (left) to a Month 5 Wash and Go (right):


Crazy right? You probably can't tell because my hair was wet and shrunken when I took those pics, but it has grown a lot. If it wasn't my own hair I probably wouldn't believe that such growth has occured in less than 6 months... it's wonderful. You can really see the progress just by the new growth under the honey blonde color I did just before the BC.

I'm finding that the longer it gets, the more curly it is so even my blown-out stretched twist-outs have fallen victim to shrinkage. And if I thought I did before, I'm definitely having a problem keeping my hands out of my hair now more than ever [=


Thanks for growing with Mee my loves... I appreciate all the support I've received through your visits and comments here on the site, kinds words and Re-Tweets of my links on Twitter, purchasing my PynkLayce jewelry, or whatever you may have done in support of my endeavors. The natural hair community is a great community to be a part of [=

And if your natural (or considering taking the plunge), hang in there! It's challenging at times, but it's so worth it! I'm pretty sure you've heard that famous natural hair statement: my only regret is that I hadn't done it sooner [;

Happy Friday loves.

2 comments:

it'sNadieB_naturally said...

Well to my bestie u kno I've bn natural since late 06 n I'm loving it. So glad u decided to cross over. Being natural is effortlessly beautiful!!!

Who is Mee Mahrii? said...

It was hard NOT to cross over with friends like you flauting fabulous natural hair all around me! :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes