Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Flexi-rod #FAIL!

Hey loves! I know it's been a few days since my last post... I've been really sick and extremely tired since this past weekend. However, your girl is back :)

If you follow me on Twitter you probably saw me tweeting about my daughter's makeup-themed 4th birthday party and all we'd planned to do to celebrate 'Another Year of Fabulous'. I also announced an upcoming flexi-rod set tutorial... NOT gonna happen!

Well, not this week anyway. I'd planned on doing the trial run for my daughter's party last Saturday before recording the actual turorial on Sunday, but I knew I wouldn't like the results before I even took the rods out... I just wasn't feeling it. Now, I'm not sure if the fail was due to the amount of hair I sectioned, the product I used to set the hair on the rods, or the rods themselves. Either way, I don't think I'll be re-visiting this method any time soon =/

I achieved this look using 3 sizes of flexi-rods: Grey (large), Blue (med), Red (small); and Organic's Lock & Twist Gel.



Before she went to sleep that night, I could clearly tell the ends were going to be an issue; they were already unraveling... My baby was a great sport tho [=


I used different sized rods because I wanted the curls to have depth and get smaller in size towards the crown / front of her hair. That was sooooo NOT the case when I took them down... had I known this, I would have set her entire head of hair using the large rods to save myself some time and effort. Welp, you live and you learn [shrugs]. Here is the final result:




The curls were so small and tight, it gave the appearance that her hair isn't as full as it is and I really didn't like that at all. I did my best to separate the curls, but they just wanted to do their own thing so I let them. And although I didn't like the size of the curls, everything came together beautifully and my baby (and all of her friends) had a blast!

So what do you think... should I try it again or is this a lost cause? Wanna share some tips? Comment below!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Well I don't know if its the pics but her hair looks really good to me! Seems like the curls were well defined. Shes a cutie. Her whole outfit looks great! HBD

Who is Mee Mahrii? said...

Honestly it just didn't come out the way I'd envisioned, that's why I considered it a #FAIL :( It was a pretty style, but I would have prefered more volume...

[= thanks, she really enjoyed her day.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes