Monday, January 30, 2012

When the week[end]s...

Happy Monday my loves! I hope you all enjoyed your weekend as much as I did mine [=

I participated in my first art showcase at the Inner Recess Recording Studio here in New Orleans last Friday... I was sooo nervous; I really just didn't know what to expect! Now, don't get me wrong - I am confident in my jewelry line and the pieces I've created, but as an artist I am still sensitive about my shit [in my Erykah Badu voice lol].

Mee in my Fire and Desire feather earlaces [=

This was a new experience for me (as well as the hosts) considering the fact that the once-monthly Friday Night Mash events usually showcase still, visual art pieces like portraits and paintings. With PynkLayce being one of the featured artists this month, I was able to incorporate a sense of art in motion... free flowing pieces that held their own and definitely made a statement among the other artwork [:

Just a few pieces of PynkLayce [=

 
The ever-popular 'Phenom' Basketball Wives Inspired peacock feather earrings

Varied 'ButtonDown' fabric button earrings


One of my personal fav pieces, 'Lillies' (left) and 'Free Spirit' (right)


As you can see, PynkLayce was definitely in the building! There was a pretty decent crowd and I was able to snag a few sales, so I can check this event off as a success! It was great to get positive feedback from an audience I may have never reached had I not decided to participate in this show and for that alone, I am thankful [=

With my weekend starting off so great, I had no choice but to be motivated to continue striving to make my dreams a reality! So with that said, do something productive with this beautiful Monday! One of my co-workers sent me a message this morning that is just too appropriate for this post:

There are natural consequences that accompany every choice we make in life. Some opportunities inevitably pass us by, but we can take advantage of others. Many people feel powerless, but this is rarely the case--some opportunities just require a little thinking outside the box. Today, reflect on the doors you are opening in your world and which ones are closing. You have the power to create the life you want if you are willing to set goals and take steps toward them. Rarely does fulfilling our hopes and dreams happen overnight, but you can take one tiny move towards them each day.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

Quirky Coils said...

I am sooo happy for you!! Congratulations!! You deserve it! Anyone with as much grind is destined for greatness!!!

~Tasha

Who is Mee Mahrii? said...

[= Thanks so much Tasha! It's been challenging, but I'm sticking with my promise to myself to FINISH something and it's definitely paying off..

Nothing comes to a sleeper but a dream♥

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes