Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bring that Bush Back!

Happy Tuesday my loves! I hope everyone is having a productive day... I fell asleep last night pondering new ideas for blog topics and woke up with the answer staring me directly in the face:


Yep, I did it again... another night of falling asleep without re-twisting my hair AND without Bonnie (my satin bonnet). I know I'm messing up big time and it's a slowly-forming habit I'm determined to break.

Anyway, of course I woke up to a flat, misshapen, wiry mess that I had to sprucen up with the quickness if I planned on making it to work on time (or at all). What did I do? I broke out the old faithfuls!


Coconut Oil
Taliah Waajid Curly Curl Creme
Water


I started by spritzing my hair with a little water... I didn't want to get it soaking wet; just a little damp to add some moisture. I then took a little cococut oil on my finger tips and massaged it through chunky sections of hair preparing to two-strand twist. After twisting each chunky section, I sealed the ends with Taliah Waajid Curly Curl Creme by twisting (twirling) around my index finger.


Once this process was done over my entire head, I tied my hair down with a silk scarf and continued on with my normal morning duties. I think it's important to highlight that I tied my hair tighly with a silk scarf, not my normal loose-fitting satin bonnet... it somehow makes a huge difference. Fast-forward about 30-45 min later and I'm pulling out of my drive way looking like this:




It's kinda hard to break the habit of sleeping without re-twisting my hair when I know I can get results like this in under an hour... It's just awesome! I've tried this method a few times using different product combinations and I think this just may be the perfect one. Using just a little bit of the Curly Curl Creme just to seal the ends of the twists really pays off in curl definition! I got so many compliments before I could even make it to my office this morning... not a bad way to start your day off huh? :)

With that being said, it's time to make this day work! Hope you make the best out of the rest of your day! Comments or tips? Leave 'em below!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes