Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It's time for [change]...


Good morning loves! We're only 4 days into the new year and I've already had to face some unforseen challenges :( Now this has nothing to do with natural hair, but it's a real life situation I had to share...

Without going into too much detail, I found myself dead broke this morning. Like, broke broke. I'm talking $1 to my name broke. SMDH. Now imagine me sitting at home about to cry my big eyes out because I'd just realized how dire my sitution was. And to make matters worse the tights I had on under my dress miraculously tore right as I was leaving home, so I was really in need of a few bucks for a replacement pair... No way was I going to the office looking like a hooker!


So I'm walking around the house and I'm thinking. Thinking, thinking, thinking... change! I have loads of loose change in my car, in my wallet, around the house, etc., so I knew I could hustle up a few dollars for some cheap tights!

Long story short, I was able to buy another pair of stockings aaaaaand some cash to hold me over until I get paid this weekend! And all of this is possible thanks to the loose change I let pile up in my piggy bank :) I took a few scoops of change and headed to Rouses to have it all counted up and cashed. 5 minutes later I was walking out feeling like a millionaire with a new pair of tights and $28.42 in cash!

I don't know why I'm so excited about this, but I am! It's like one of those 'when you least expect it' lessons in life... Without even realizing it, I'd been making small deposits into my future every time I dropped a quarter or dime into the bank. Sort of like dropping another cotton ball into the back-up pillow I didn't realize I had.

They say you can't fully appreciate what it feels like to win if you've never known what it feels like to lose. I can 2nd that... and because I was TOTALLY losing this morning, I'm going to do whatever is in my power to make sure that I never feel that way again. Before this incident, I'd considered myself a pretty good saver. I prided myself on preparing for rainy days... but what about those unforseen hurricanes in life? [crickets]

I've now decided to make more of an effort with my change savings... If I can subconciously save $30, imagine what I can do if I'm actually putting effort into it! It's about to go DOWN! Lol...

What are your thoughts on savings? Have any tips or techniques you'd like to share?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes