Saturday, April 6, 2013

Stretching My 5 Year Old's Natural Hair [Blow-out / Flat Twist-out]


Since cutting my hair again, I've began to focus more on styling than actual growth. My hair would definitely have reached twist-out length by now, but I'm just not really interested in having much length. So what about all of you who have grown with me since day one? Don't fret! I will still have plenty of information, tutorials, product reviews, and more for natural hair of all lengths!

For my naturals with mid-length to long hair, this one's for you:


My daughter St. Charles is always up for making videos, so of course she jumped at the chance to star in her own! Here we share our method for stretching and flat-twisting her natural hair. She is 5 years old and her hair is 100% virgin - it's never been chemically processed, ever. If I had to define her hair type, I'd say she's somewhere in the 3a - 3c category with very tight curls that carry major shrinkage. Because of this, her hair can look a lot shorter than it actually is and people are amazed at the results after I stretch and twist it:



Products Used:


Herbal Essences 'Hello Hydration' Conditioner


Pure African Shea Butter 


Elasta QP's Olive Oil & Mango Butter

After sleeping overnight with her bonnet on, we removed her flat twists and enjoyed the gorgeous results :)










We had so much fun doing this and I hope this helps someone out there! All questions / comments are welcomed below! Thanks for growing with me loves,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes