Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Baby Let Mee [Update] Ya..

Hello my loves! I know it's been like forever since my last real post, and I must apologize to my faithful followers! I'm sorry I had to sacrifice some time and attention, but your girl is back and in full effect!! Hair is getting biig too [=


This little spur-of-the-moment hiatus of mine was not in vain... A lot has happened over the last couple of weeks that has placed me in a totally different lane in my life and I'm looking forward to this new journey that I've embarked upon.

Last Friday, February 17, 2012, marked my last day of employment. I am now 100% self-employed now and as frightening as that sounds, it is also quite liberating. I feel like the world is mine and now it's really up to me to go after what I want... no excuses! Now that I'm no longer wasting my time away at a desk in somebody else's office, I can fully focus my creative energies on PynkLayce, Naturally Mee, and my other endeavers. I've been like a kid ready to bust out of the classroom to get to recess!

So, yes - I've quit my job and I'm ready to skip lunch and head straight to recess. And I've decided to play in a totally different schoolyard... Atlanta, GA! I'm packing it up and heading to ATL to expand my horizons and my business there... March 1st, I'll be an official NOLA Peach [=

Words can't describe how happy I am about this transition I'm making in life... I've been wanting to move to Atlanta for the past year now, but I've surprised everyone (boss included) and just decided to snatch up the reigns on my life. I'd been working at the same job for the past 6 years, and although I've been truly blessed, I also know that God has more in store for me. Going to the same office, seeing the same negative people, doing the same things for 6 years of my life had become stagnant. Without being challenged constantly, I became lazy and absent-minded. I just didn't care about what I was doing and that showed in my performance these past few months... I had to make a change.

I found myself at a cross-roads - I could either stay working that monotonous job and living this stagnant lifestyle, or I could take a step out on faith toward my dream. Welp, I'm stepping out [=

I just ask that you keep me in your prayers... pray that I remain focused and favored! I'm doing this for all of my sistahs (and brothers, too!) out there who have a dream of a better life! Eff what America is feeding us, this can't be life! This WON'T be life... I have to show my daughter that in life, nobody gives you a chance. You gotta TAKE chances! No matter how it goes down, life goes on... and I'd rather have the upper hand on life and do things my way! With direction from & my faith in God, I know I'll succeed [=

Make the most of your day loves!

2 comments:

Desert Flower ~ Tasha said...

I'm soo happy for you and proud of you!! You definitely have waaay to many skills to allow them to go to waste. Maybe one day I’ll make a leap as well...then we can really collab!!
Be Blessed Chica!

Who is Mee Mahrii? said...

[= Thanks alot Tasha! In your own way, you've helped me get to this point! I really appreciate your support and when you do take that leap, I'll be here to support you as well!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes